Travels with Petey

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Traveling companions

I'm making arrangements to take my dogs with me on walkabout in a couple of weeks Neighbor Jane, who usually takes care of them, has a lot on her plate over that time. I am relieved and happy. I hadn't wanted to leave them behind.

This is a new location for the class and we haven't any established dog havens there.
I went into fear and freezing in place mode. Inaction, back and forth mentation, "white" nights where sleep hid behind the worry, lack of clarity, indecision, ignorance of alternatives, etc.

But. Whew! I've booked them into a real nice place near the school. I will have their companionship during the ride. I will have good conversation (well, they are good conversationalists when we're alone together). I will have somebody to take care of which will take my focus off myself.
Focus on myself is too introspective, too fault finding, and often generates fear.

Do you think I could register them as therapy dogs?