Travels with Petey

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finding Myself While Losing the Stuff

So, I had an epiphany, something I read that Dr. Oz said. So I dragged my recliner to the curb, and replaced it with a dining chair and a stair stepper. THIS IS A REAL CHANGE!!!

Insight - The recliner was a "safe" place. I didn't know that. I knew my car was a safe place. My house as a whole is a safe place. The two locations where I sit to write (one upstairs, one down are safe places. My bed is a safe place, of course.

But the chair. From a second-hand store? Orange? (Ugh!) Raggedy, frayed, dog chewed, rump-sprung? Yup! One of the safest places in the house. Who knew?

The dining chair has a long way to go to feel safe. Just a fact of life. The stair-stepper is WAY out of my comfort zone.

I will observe, over time, to see how I can deal with this one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home