Travels with Petey

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Early early out of Brooklyn and we get to the Port Jefferson – Bridgeport Ferry way before our reservation and get an earlier boat. We looooove ferries, but you can trace my passage across the decks and through the corridors by a trail of spilled coffee. We take the back road through Cape Cod. The quaint! the charm! the sweet! the Cape Codditude! I lost my heart totally. If we thought we had bad real estate-itis among the Brooklyn brownstones, well triple that and then some! I moved in a hundred times before Wellfleet. Eelin chose such a lovely motel, outside of P’town, on a hill in the National Forest (beware mightily of ticks!) with a little wooden balcony with a view out to sea. Much lobster for dinner, and sinfully early to bed. Have I mentioned how much Petey loves his new little doghouse? (Foldable canvas, screening and zippers to make a punk proud. Too bad Petey is so non-punk.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home