Travels with Petey

Saturday, September 09, 2006




Do you remember my cousin, Shamus, that was killed in Iraq last year? The cousin getting married is one of his three sisters. It is wonderful to have a joyful occasion to be with family.

We went into Old Forge for shopping, sightseeing and and art show. There is a hardware store, general store, and souvenir shop in Old Forge that has anything and everything one could want. Enough shopping and I am glad to sit out front and talk with a large-ish motorcyclist named Randy, who is also enjoying the storefront bench just sheltered from the rain while his honey shops. After some conversation Randy and I are friends. Kater I drive past the store, Randy is still there, and I show off my little car. The motorcycle antithesis.

Lunch, a nap and some primping later, Eelin and I are ready to go over to the Woods Inn for the wedding. It is somewhat cold for an outdoor event, but the lakefront setting at twilight is perfect. There is a seagull hovering over the ceremony. There are a large number of guests, half of whom are cousins of some degree. I am hugged to pieces and I love it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home