Travels with Petey

Sunday, September 17, 2006


Andrea is taking me through a different neighborhood and on different roads every time we go out, so I can see as much of Sudbury as possible. I need to admit here of more than a little locational chauvinism as regards Miami vs all northern climes. In Miami we grow annuals in the winter, impatiens, petunias, etc., and tropicals all year round. Annuals fade fast in the summer heat. I have come to believe that this is right and proper and that everyone else has it all backward.

Sudbury, all of Canada that I have seen, and also in New York State, have marvelous late summer garden things going on. Sudbury should be world famous for its little garden patches. Everywhere you look someone has planted annuals in wild juxtaposition, contrasting colors or complementary, planned or haphazard, they are all over the place, and they are beautiful.

I needed to eat my attitude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home