Travels with Petey

Friday, September 15, 2006

Last night, Keely and Petey had a fight. The dogs were all overjoyed and excited when the doorbell rang. Visitors are major thrills in dog land. We are not sure who did what and who took offense, but there was a lot of barking and a scuffle and I came in to find Keely with her jaws around Petey’s neck shaking him like a little woodland animal. SO VERY SCARY! I have seen Petey use that same move to subdue his stuffed toys. I pried Keely’s jaws open, someone took Petey up and handed him to me, and then the two of us sat on a kitchen chair; he trembled and I cried. What a way to start a dinner party. Today Keely is contrite and sweetly inquiring about our well-being, Petey is a little sore, and I am keeping him on a leash so he can’t get very far from me, and get into any more trouble.

Andrea tells me Inuk Shuks (real spelling) are made by a lot of different people, and that their purpose is to let travelers in this huge empty country know that they are not alone, that there actually are other people in the country that are thinking of their well-being. No wonder they move me so much. Tomorrow we are going out to get some photos of Inuk Shuks for me.

Inuk Shuks are one of the huge happy happy joy joy factors for me here in Canada. Them and the amazing plantings. Everywhere in Sudbury that you go there are little rock gardens, little knot gardens, little places where flowers, mostly annuals, have been placed. Cheery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home