Travels with Petey

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Canada is keeping me busy, a lot of social, and a lot of catching up on both sleep and conversation with Andrea. I am totally enjoying myself. Jim and Andrea had told me that they planned to keep me chained to the stove while I was here. I think they like my cooking. So, I made a crock pot dish of skinless chicken thighs layered with thyme, lemon slices and more garlic than one would think was healthy. And tonight, we will entertain for dinner. A total of 10 people. I made a turkey with sausage, apple and cornbread stuffing, some gravy, etc. And a peach crumble. See if you can get any of the last of the season Ontario freestone peaches. Amazing! Sliced peaches with a little sugar, vanilla and flour (next time I am going to try tapioca as a thickener). The crumble part is oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter worked into the dry ingredients with your fingers. Bake until bubbly and brown. Reallygood food.

There were a lot of compliments. I am pleased, and there were not many leftovers.

I told you this trip is about talking and eating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home