Travels with Petey

Saturday, September 23, 2006


The exercise in going to Eagles Mere was to see a place where I had been very happy, a place that I had loved deeply, and to close that chapter. EM is a lake on top of a mountain in north central Pennsylvania. Sonestown is in the valley below that mountain. In the morning the tops of the mountains were covered in clouds. Driving up the mountain to Eagles Mere, the mist got denser and denser, and finally I was creeping along trying to make out the road. It was beautiful. I was looking for remembered landmarks, and the fog made it all the more difficult. I drove around the town and looked at everything. I really had some fine times in this town. Here is a pic of the Reily’s summer house in the mist.

So I headed south down along the Susquehanna River to Harrisburg. And continue south through Maryland to Virginia. Next part of the itinerary is the Shenandoah Valley to see the community I worked so hard to establish in the 70's. It was called Carmel In the Valley and was south of New Market and north of Harrisonburg. I stopped in New Market for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home