Travels with Petey

Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Today I left Kingston, Ontario, and went east to cross into the USA just past Gananoque. I love to say that word. There was a sign for the Gananoque boat tour of the Thousand Islands, but the rain was so very heavy I didn't go for it. More fool me. "Ok, a thousand islands, nice but not compelling," I thought. And then when I got on top of the bridge between the countries, oh! my! the sight of the river and all the islands, little and bigger and very big, so close to each other, dotting the river as far as the eye can see, I lost my heart. I am in love with them. I pulled some pics off Google Image, but am having trouble getting them into this blog. Too hard to take photos while driving across the bridge. If I don't succeed, go look at them on www.google.com (Image) yourself.

I got off the interstate and took backroads all the way to Lowville, NY, and my Aunt's excellent cottage in the woods. Upstate NY is very pretty. I am well on my way to becoming overly happy happy joy joy-ed. Never mind, I'll deal with it when I get home.

I spent the afternoon with my cousin Hamish's wife, Eloise, and son, Graham. Hamish and Eloise are renovators, among other artistic talents, and have collected a barn full of period house parts, doors, mantles, hardware, china and crystal, antique auto parts, you name it. I want to get them started with selling on EBay (the world does not beat a path to Lowville, NY) and a web-store. I touted them on web design software, photo handling software, etc., and set up a step-by-step on how to break into the web-store thingie in a low-cost but effective way. They really have the goods, so they might as well make some effort to alert the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home