Travels with Petey

Monday, September 18, 2006


So I leave Sudbury...In order not to retrace my trail, I went east on the Trans-Canada highway and then south to Kingston. The leaves are turning, which is really happy happy joy joy for me. I wish the sun had been out so you could see the colors better in these pictures. Nice drive, miles and miles of Canada, very pretty and mostly empty. Except for the highway construction teams. We stopped four times to wait our turn to drive through a one-lane-for-both-directions blockage. But it was amazing to see them working so hard in such a heavy rain. (Canada is so very pretty even in the rain.)

The rocks in the south are more a pink square than the slate-y flat rocks near Sudbury. It is so wonderful to see the countryside chage with the miles. Andrea's Inuk Shuk is made with the pink-y square rocks, while mine is from the slate-y ones.

One thing I observed is that the north side of the hills are turning color faster than the south side of the hills. Took me miles and miles to figure that one out.

Then at the end of 41, when we were almost into the town where you find 401, a little black bear ran into the road in front of the car. I have never seen a wild bear before. He was a half grown cub. I stood on the brakes, and Petey went flying right under the dash. He landed on my purse so it was relatively a soft landing. The bear saw the car, and turned tail and ran. He ran along side the car for a while. What a thrill. I was too shook up from the surprise to reach for my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home