Travels with Petey

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Two days in one this post. Yesterday was a quiet day all day, I ran errands in town in the am, and collapsed in a nap in the afternoon. Cousins, wives and children came to dinner, spaghetti, garlic bread, and home-made peach sorbet with Bailey's Irish Cream added. Serious yum!

And talk! I very love my cousins and their families, and we talked a lot.

Today, my Aunt hosted the Book Club in the am, and is currently playing her weekly bridge thingie. Petey and I helped get ready earlier, and now are making ourselves scarce, so the card players can concentrate. Learning bridge was a traumatic experience for me in earlier days, my teachers were emphatic about how wrongly I played, so I have never seen it as an enjoyable pasttime nor taken it up as a pleasant activity. My Aunt gets a lot of pleasure from her game and her friends. Maybe I am missing something.

Tomorrow I will leave Lowville, and go down to Pennsylvania to see Eaglesmere. More on that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home