Travels with Petey

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It is so hard to get all the mallards aligned. Didn't leave until 10am. On the road all day, no adventures, one real nice encounter.

Here is Stone Hawk, who I met at a rest stop on I-95. He was cutting willow poles near the Everglades at dawn to build a sweat lodge. At a prison in Jesup, which I believe is near Brunswick GA. Such a nice man, easy conversation.

His tribe is Nanticoke, from Delaware, near Rehoboth (Eastern Shore). A sweat lodge is very cleansing and healing. Great gift to give to prison inmates. I have participated in two sweat lodges, one with Wallace Black Elk and one with Sun Bear. Profound and moving. I am glad Stone Hawk is doing his sweats in a prison.

I have lost my phone book! No addresses, no phone numbers, no email addys. If you are not in my speed dial, I can't reach out. Sheesh!

Lady G tells me (she is the person living in my Garmin) that it is six hours or so to my brother's house, so tomorrow ought to be sweet and pleasant.

P.S. Sonny's BBQ is not all it should be. Tell Guy Fieri not to bother.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home